McAfee DeepSAFE - Anti-rootkit Security Solution
According to McAfee Labs, more than 1,200 new rootkits per day are detected - equating to 50 per hour every single day. The DeepSAFE technology, which was demonstrated at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, was able to detect and stop a zero-day Agony rootkit from infecting a system in real time. This technology is expected to launch in products later in 2011.
Key attributes of McAfee DeepSAFE:
- Builds the foundation for next-generation hardware-assisted security operating beyond the operating system
- Provides a trusted view of system events below the operating system
- Exposes many attacks that are undetectable today
- New vantage point to block sophisticated stealth techniques and APTs
- Provides real time CPU event monitoring with minimal performance impact
- Combines the power of hardware and flexibility of software to deliver a new foundation for security.