"THC-Hydra is a very fast network logon cracker which support many different services. Currently this tool supports – TELNET, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP-PROXY, SMB, SMBNT, MS-SQL, MYSQL, REXEC, RSH, RLOGIN, CVS, SNMP, SMTP-AUTH, SOCKS5, VNC, POP3, IMAP, NNTP, PCNFS, ICQ, SAP/R3, LDAP2, LDAP3, Postgres, Teamspeak, Cisco auth, Cisco enable, AFP, Subversion/SVN, Firebird, LDAP2, Cisco AAA (incorporated in telnet module). This tool is a proof of concept code, to give researchers and security consultants the possiblity to show how easy it would be to gain unauthorized access from remote to a system."
- Update for the subversion module for newer SNV versions
- Mysql module now has two implementations and uses a library when found
- New logo for hydra!
- Another patch to add the LOGIN auth mechanism to the smtpauth module
- Better FTP 530 error code detection
- Bugfix for the SVN module for non-standard ports
Download Hydra v5.9 (hydra-5.9-src.tar.gz) here.