- Make sure you have iTunes installed.
- Edit your iPhone's date to June 2, 2014
- Open the PanGu.exe file
- Click the black button to the right (also UNCHECK THE CHECKMARK where you see random characters and the "PP")
- As soon as the "brush stroke" loading bar fills to 20%, the PanGu app will appear on your phone
- Tap it
- Select Continue
- It will fill the loading brush stroke until 80% and your iTunes will open (it will only open IF you have iTunesHelper.exe on your Windows Taskbar)
- Close iTunes
- Your device will reboot
- When it opens again, wait for the brush stroke to complete to 100%
- Your device will reboot once more
- The process will be finished 100%
- The PanGu app will be replaced with Cydia
- Do your usual stuff by opening Cydia and continue with what you want to install by then.
- For precautionary measures, install Complete PPSync Remover (on https://cydia.angelxwind.net repo) because even though you uncheck the "PP" on step 4, it installs it anyway (internally without the app showing)
This Untethered Jailbreak is compatible with following devices running iOS 7.1-iOS 7.1.1:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini
- Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
It's worth noting that the jailbreak is available from a new team and the said hack is the first from the team. The controversy behind the sudden release of the jailbreak apparently came from one of the exploits used by a security expert and known jailbreaker Stefan Esser, aka i0n1c, who show off the method to jailbreak the iOS 7.1.1 using iPhone 5C during his training session.
However, world-renowned software developer and a very well-known iOS hacker, H8sn0w has confirmed via Twitter that the jailbreak tool does not contain any spyware or malicious software in it and is safe to use.