How Mazar BOT Works
What Makes Mazar BOT So Nasty
- Gain boot persistence to help survive device restarts
- Send and Read your SMS messages
- Make Calls to your contacts
- Read the phone's state
- Plague phone's control keys
- Infect your Chrome browser
- Change phone settings
- Force the phone into sleep mode
- Query the network status
- Access the Internet
- Wipe your device's storage (the most critical capabilities of all)
Mazar BOT Browses Internet Anonymously Using TOR
Who is Behind This Awful Malware?
How to Protect Yourself from Mazar BOT
- NEVER click on links in SMS or MMS messages sent to your phone.
- Go to Settings → Security → Turn OFF "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store" option.
- Always keep an up-to-date Anti-virus app on your Android devices.
- Avoid unknown and unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots and Keep your Wi-Fi turned OFF when not in use.