How does the attack work?
- Evade sandbox detection
- Connect to and control servers
- Exfiltrate data
- Deliver 2nd stage malware payloads
Impact on you
- Any malware installed on your network puts you at risk of compromise, especially one designed to steal data
- Once installed, Elise can infect other machines and continue to deliver additional malware variants as needed
- Elise is specially designed to steal data, putting you and your clients' sensitive information at risk
How AlienVault Help
The Labs team has already released IDS signatures and a correlation rule to the AlienVault USM platform so customers can detect activity from Elise. Learn more about this threat intelligence update and others in our forum.
Unified Security Management (USM) Platform helps you to scan your network to identify assets that could be infected with the Elise malware, making it easy for you to prioritize efforts and quickly identify systems that need to be addressed first.