- Smart Cars
- Smart TVs
- Other embedded computing as well as non-computing devices.
Internet of Things to make Cities Smart or Dumb?
Top 7 Smart Cities Prone to Cyber Attacks
- Santander, Spain
- New York City, USA
- Aguas De Sao Pedro, Brazil
- Songdo, South Korea
- Tokyo, Japan
- Hong Kong
- Arlington County, Virginia, USA
These Cities become smarter by deploying new technologies like:
- Smart street lights: Centrally managed and can adapt to weather conditions, report problems, or be automated by time of the day.
- Smart Public Transportation and Traffic control Systems adjust traffic lights based on current traffic conditions.
- Smart parking application to find available parking slots.
- Smart Water and Energy Management, provides information regarding the quality of air, water needs.
Cyber Attacks Leverages Internet of Things
Modus Operandi of a Cyber Criminal
No doubt, the IoT devices are said to be the next evolutionary step in our connected world and will incredibly grow, but it is very much possible to see cyber-criminals exploiting and compromising them.