BT know that there are probably many questions about BackTrack, to answer some of your questions here are some exciting points:
- BT5 release will start on May 10th (don't bug us about the timezone), and will primarily be available for download via torrents. This is to reduce the massive load on our mirrors for the first few hours.
- As time progresses into the release , BT will then allow direct downloads from our mirrors.
- BT will have KDE (4.6) and Gnome (2.6) Desktop environment flavours
- 32 and 64 bit support
- A basic ARM BackTrack image which can be chrooted into from android enabled devices. (hopefully released May 10th)
- The 32 and 64 bit images support "Forensics Mode", which boots a forensically sound instance of BackTrack and "Stealth mode", which boots without generating network traffic.
- All support for Backtrack 4 will end on May 10th, 2011 and BackTrack 4 will not be available for download from our official mirrors from that date onwards.
- And yes, Metasploit 3.7.0 *was* packaged into BT5.
We are all looking forward towards the release, and will resurface from our bunkers on May 10th … Bring on the Revolution!