- Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian
- Former U.S. Marine Amir Hekmati
- Student Matthew Trevithick
- Christian pastor Saeed Abedini
- Pastor Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari
- Nader Modanlou
- Bahram Mechanic
- Khosrow Afqahi
- Arash Ghahreman
- Touraj Faridi
- Nima Golestaneh (Hacker)
- Ali Sabounchi
"These individuals weren't charged with terrorism or any violent offenses. They are civilians, and their release is a one-time gesture to Iran given the unique opportunity offered by this moment and the larger circumstances at play," President Barack Obama said Sunday.
"And it reflects our willingness to engage with Iran to advance our mutual interests, even as we ensure the national security of the United States."