The agency disguises itself as a fake Facebook server and trick unsuspecting users to log in thinking they were connecting to real Facebook’s server. So that the NSA could hack into users' systems and covertly stole out data from its hard drive.
- UNITEDRAKE - capable to gain complete control of an infected computer.
- CAPTIVATEDAUDIENCE- can hack computer’s microphone to record conversations taking place near the device.
- GUMFISH - can covertly take over a computer’s web cam and snap photographs.
- FOGGYBOTTOM - records logs of Internet browsing histories and collects login details and passwords used to access websites and email accounts.
- GROK - a Keylogger Trojan, that logs keystrokes.
- SALVAGERABBIT - to access data on removable flash drives that connect to an infected computer.
For much more technical detail, check out Greenwald's full report at First Look's The Intercept.