DETECTING FAKE DIGITAL CERTIFICATES WIDELY
"One should be wary of professional attackers that might be capable of stealing the private key of the signing certificates from antivirus vendors, which may essentially allow them to spy on the antivirus users (since the antivirus root certificate would be trusted by the client)," the researchers explained. "Hypothetically, governments could also compel antivirus vendors to hand over their signing keys."
- Check your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts) for malicious entries
- Check your DNS (Domain Name Server) settings on system and DSL Modem
- Verify your proxy settings on browser
- Cross-check your installed Browser addons.
- Install reputed Antivirus and Firewall Product and Scan for malicious files