"Recently, Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) and Menwith Hill Station (MHS) discovered and began exploiting a target-rich data set being stolen by hackers," reads one of the documents quoted by the Intercept. "The hackers' sophisticated email-stealing intrusion set is known as INTOLERANT."
"Of the traffic observed, nearly half contains category hits because the attackers are targeting email accounts of interest to the Intelligence Community. Although a relatively new data source, [Target Offices of Primary Interest] have already written multiple reports based on INTOLERANT collect."
- A = Indian Diplomatic & Indian Navy
- B = Central Asian diplomatic
- C = Chinese Human Rights Defenders
- D = Tibetan Pro-Democracy Personalities
- E = Uighur Activists
- F = European Special Rep to Afghanistan and Indian photo-journalism
- G = Tibetan Government in Exile
"Analysts are potentially missing out on valuable open source information relating to cyber defence because of an inability to easily keep up to date with specific blogs and Twitter sources," one document states.