1. DO NOT CLICK On Suspicious Links
2. Keep your Eye on New Vendors
However, one should always be safe from such vendors as sometimes the customer is trapped and exploited easily.
- Always get a double confirmation of the things that are necessary including product purpose and suitability, materials and construction, quality, and other things like speedy shipping, prompt refunds, and returns.
- Always try to start from minimum purchases and then shift to the major ones.
- Always look before you leap.
3. Always Use Strong Passwords
- Always try to avoid easy to crack passwords by including a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters in your password.
- Avoid using the most common passwords like your name, 123456 and password.
- Most importantly don't use the same password for multiple sites.
4. Always Use Secured Websites
- Communication is encrypted
- SSL verifies authenticity
5. Avoid Using Debit Cards, Instead Use Credit Cards
- Credit cards have spending limits but debit cards do not
- Credit cards should also be used with low credit limits even as other option also given by the bank as "one-time use."
6. Important Things to Remember While Shopping
- Always keep documentation of your online purchases, mostly an email is sent to the customer confirming the order.
- It is the duty of every customer to print the document or save it somewhere safe till receiving the order.
- Moreover, it is always suggested to log off from the retailer's website after making the purchase.
7. Do Not Provide Your Details to Every Website You Visit
8. Check Your Bank Statements Regularly
This article has been written by editorial intern. Special Thanks to Nidhi Goyal for giving an interesting shape to this article.