Anonymous declared total war against ISIS after the last month's Paris attacks and supposedly:
- Took down thousands of Twitter and social media accounts used by the ISIS terrorists
- Disrupted the terror group's primary communications platform
- Replaced one of ISIS' websites with a Viagra ad
Now, the hacktivist group has declared December 11th to be "ISIS Trolling Day," planning an organized trolling campaign against ISIS by assaulting their image through Photoshopped images, memes, videos and jokes related to the terrorist organisation.
Vanish ISIS Online Presence
This campaign is also part of the group's ongoing effort to disrupt and dishonor the ISIS terror organization's online presence.
Western-living Muslims usually fall for ISIS' intimidating social media propaganda, so rebranding the militant group as a joke may be one of the best ideas Anonymous hackers ever had – attacking the ideas that ISIS is trying to spread online.
Anonymous has also asked netizens to be part of this trolling campaign as an effort to mock ISIS members and supporters for "the IDIOTS they are."
ISIS Trolling Day's Goals
According to a Ghostbin post, the trolling campaign will take place on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and in the real world.
"We'll show them what they really are they don't stand for a religion, they don't stand for a God, they're brainwashers teaching from the young to the old their propaganda against the 'West' when in reality they're just increasing the distance between countries by giving many a bad name," the post reads.
Here are some of the campaign goals:
- Use #Daesh or #Daeshbags (ISIS hates being called Daesh)
- Post mocking photographs of ISIS on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Try to get #Daeshbags trending on Twitter
- Post photographs of captured ISIS members and mock them
- Use #'s that ISIS members use, but post mocking pictures instead
- Make insulting videos of ISIS as well
- Print out photos or stickers that mock ISIS and spread them around your city
JOIN US! DECEMBER 11, 2015! #OPISIS — Official #DayOfRage (@OpDayOfRage) December 5, 2015
Now, let's see what kind of real impact this campaign will make at the end of the day, but free speech and taunt can be a way more powerful tool when fighting a war of ideas.
Popular Deals From Our Store
Ethical Hacking Certification Training
Get Professional Ethical Hacking Certifications: CEH, CHFI, CISM, CISA, CISSP Trainings.
96% Off Get this Deal
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigation
Online Hands-on Training with Lifetime Access to Forensic Investigation Certification Classes.
98% Off Get this Deal