SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager (LEM), a full-function Security & Information Event Management (SIEM) solution, delivers powerful log management capabilities in a highly affordable, easy-to-deploy virtual appliance. SolarWinds LEM combines real-time log analysis, event correlation, and a groundbreaking approach to IT search, delivering the visibility, security, and control users need to overcome everyday IT challenges.
How does LEM work?
SolarWinds LEM integrates with and collects log data from a variety of assets in your IT environment including security appliances, network devices, workstations, operating systems, databases and servers. With the collected and normalized log data, LEM performs real-time, in-memory, non-linear multiple event correlation to analyze device and machine logs, and provides advanced incident awareness on all operational, security and policy-driven events on your network.
What can you do with LEM?
- LEM allows you to alert on security, operational and policy-driven events in real time and automates incident response to counter real-time threats and take preventative action.
- LEM is a simple, yet powerful tool for event forensic analysis that provides advanced log data visualization tools including word clouds, tree maps, bubble charts, and histograms.
- LEM offers 300+ built-in report templates and provides reporting automation for compliance policies such as PCI DSS, GLBA, SOX, HIPAA, and more.
Here’s a quick guided tour on SolarWinds LEM.
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager for IT Security Management
Enhance Network IT Security and Mitigate Threats
- Real-time cross-event, cross-device correlation linking intelligence from across the network to detect emerging threats
- In-memory, non-linear event correlation to analyze and alert on security events at network speed
- Remediation via Active Response – automatically or interactively – including ability to block IP address, disable networking, and account membership and enablement, shut down system, and more
- Protection and monitoring down to the endpoint, including USB Defender and built-in technology to monitor usage of USB devices (even when disconnected from the corporate network)
- Interactive event analysis with visual search tools helps perform event forensics and incident awareness
- Support for hundreds of out-of-the-box critical security devices and applications including IDS/IPS, anti-virus software, and more
Gain Visibility into IT Operations and Remediate Issues
- Real-time correlation and notification of network outages, performance issues, and critical events
- Operational Active Responses to network events: restart service, restart machine, send popup message, enable or disable account, and remove or add group membership
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis with groundbreaking visual IT search technology
- Dashboards and real-time event monitoring console for quick operations center visibility
Simplify Regulatory Compliance Reporting
- Hundreds of out-of-the-box compliance-oriented correlation rules to detect potential non-compliant situations and policy violations before they become issues
- 300+ audit-proven built-in compliance reports for different industry regulations including PCI, GLBA, SOX, NCUA, HIPAA, DISA STIG, FISMA, NERC-CIP, and others
- Advanced and in-depth event data and historical reports for performing security and network audits
Quick Do-it-Yourself Deployment
Solarwinds Log & Event Manager is quick and simple to deploy. You can be up and auditing logs in no time using our virtual appliance deployment model (watch deployment video), Web-based console, and intuitive interface.
Licensed with the number of nodes log data is collected from, SolarWinds LEM is an affordable one-stop solution for log management and enhanced IT security!
Want to try out SolarWinds Log & Event Manager for free?
Here’s a fully-functional free 30-day evaluation copy for collecting and correlating log data from unlimited nodes.